Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating Time on a S8100

Status
Not open for further replies.

starchild7

Technical User
Sep 15, 2004
US
I am trying to update the time that the switch displays on the 6408d+. It seems to have gotten an little behind. I also want to know if it updates the time on the CMS as well? Where do I change this time setting and what are my commands?

I'm not sure if all the versions are the same but on the S8100 that I remote administer I have to log into the windows NT side of the machine and change the system time.

Travis

Bo9 is correct. Time on the S8100 is administered through the Windows time settings.

Also, be aware the the 6400 series phones are notorious about time issues. They have an internal clock and only request a time update from the PBX when they are first plugged in, reset from the PBX, or when an administered time/date button on the phone is pressed. The internal clock tends to drift from the actual time on the PBX. You should administer "system-paramaters features" to "system updates time on phone display" to yes. The page on which that appears depends on your software release, but it should be around page 5 or 6. And for those users that still complain, administer a date/time button on their 6400 series phone. Pressing that button will force a time synce between the PBX and the 6400 display.

Statements expressed in this post are my own opinions and should not be considered as the opinion of my employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back