Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating tables that are attached to grids in pageframes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMJULIAN

Programmer
Aug 14, 2002
US
I have a form with a 2-page page frame. On page 1 is a grid that is attached to the table seedxx. On page 2 there is a second grid attached to the table seedname. Seedname is populated with records copied from seedxx. In the seedname grid there is a drop down list box attached to one of the columns of the grid. When the value in that column is changed using the list box, in the click event of the list I have code to go to the corresponding record in seedxx and update that value with the new value from seedname. The problem that I'm having is that seedxx isn't updating (using a replace command)the first time I do the click. The value is changed in seedname, but is not being replaced in seedxx. However, if I click the drop down list a second time and select the value, the replace in seedxx happens. Also, if I step through it with debugger it works fine the first time. Any thoughts on what is happening? I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Eve

Put the following in the refresh method of the
pageframe.

local i
for i = 1 to this.pagecount
this.pages(i).refresh()
next

If you've subclassed the pageframe,
don't forget to add a dodefault() clause.

Darrell 'We all must do the hard bits so when we get bit we know where to bite' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back