Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

updating tables accessed by mde

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjjc

Technical User
Jul 24, 2003
GB
Hello. I am attempting to update the linked tables accessed by an front end. there are two tables -
tblHeader which has a one to many relationship with tblResult. These tables have been updated - some removes, some adds, but no change to the data structure or field type. The main form in the mde displays tblHeader with tblResult detail as a subform.
When i replace both tables with their newer version and open the mde, it is finding tblHeader ok - confirmed by record count - but - 1st problem - it wont correctly display the Unique Id field despite the formats being identical - i get Name# displayed instead - however it is displaying the rest of the record data correctly.
My second problem is it just isnt picking up the subform.
Anyone any ideas on why this is? Surely i can update my data without having to tweak the frontend?
thanks in advance
CC

I believe the link in your subform is not constructed properly may due to table replacement. Since you can’t open the form in design view under the MDE file, you may need to go back to your MDB file and reconnect the link. Making sure every thing is running OK before you make another new MDE file and release it for use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back