Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating shared libraries - libdb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeR

Programmer
Jun 26, 2002
US
I'm setting up a webserver using Trustix Secure Linux (a RedHat-based distro). Pretty new to it, but have a basic familiarity with Unix/Linux. Running on a 686-based machine. I've installed Apache 2.0.39 (using a binary... the source had other problems), but when I start httpd (using 'apachectl start') it tells me it can't find the shared library libdb-3.2.so. So I checked around my drive, and discovered that in /lib I only have libdb-2.1.3.so. How can I update libdb to version 3.2? I'm unable to find any sort of download for it individually -- does it come in a package with something else?

Thanks,
Jake

I did a quick search on rpmfind.net and it looks like it is included with the db3-devel package. Give that a try.

ChrisP ---------------------------------------
If someone's post was helpful to you, please click the box "Click here to mark this post as a helpful or expert post".

Once you get the file and apache still can't find the file, run "ldconfig -v" and all your shared object libraries will be dynamically linked at run time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back