Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating optional Fields in Sage 300 ERP (Accpac)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaul1

IS-IT--Management
Jan 1, 2013
US
Has anyone written a VBA Macro to update an EXISTING PJC Contract's Optional Fields in Sage 300 ERP 6.0 Accpac? If so, I'd be interested to see or hear how you did it? We would like 1) to check for the existence of certain optional fields in an already existing contract in Project and Job Cost in Accpac, 2) if it doesn't exist, add the optional field to the contract, 3)and if it does exist, update its value to the value based on our import file.

We have folks that can do the VBA coding but 1) I have a concern whether doing this through a VBA macro import will follow the proper data validation checking we would want for importing and potentially cause data corruption, and 2) if anyone has done a similar type of thing successfully that might offer guidance where with where we are getting stuck. I think we are running into issues because the normal import on the Project Maintaintenace screen is an "Insert Only" through File-->Import, but perhaps not.

Thanks!

Thanks! I didn't realize and reposted actually in the Accpac Forum which I think is where it should have gone. Not sure how to delete this one as it was my first post. Thanks dileante!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back