Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updating Foxpro tables with Excel files

Status
Not open for further replies.

esdad71

MIS
Jan 5, 2009
US
I am trying to update payroll information for employees in a foxpro table. I have an excel file that contains the new information but I am having trouble updating it with Access. Each file contains unique fields for the employee number,the company and the code to update.

Each time I try it it says it will update x amount of records but nothing is updated. Can anyone help? I think I am over-analyzing this..thinking maybe something with the join?

Hi,

You just might increase your chances of getting a relevant response, if you were to post your question in a FoxPro forum, rather than an Access forum, don't you think?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

I am using ACCESS to update a Foxpro table with an Excel file so I would have thought I would put it in an Access forum. I am attempting to create an UPDATE statement and wanted to know if anyone had done a Foxpro to Excel update with Access and if there was any issue.

I figured it out however by trial and error. Evidently DBF to Excel is not something that ACCESS likes in 2007. THanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back