Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updates for Windows ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

samgs

Technical User
Oct 22, 2002
US
I have windows ME and was looking for any updates specially with using USB devices. I am having an exclamation mark in the device manager at Generic USB Root Hub. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Howdy:

The driver you need should be on the motherboard (systemboard) driver cd you should have gotten with your system. Search for it in there..

If you are having trouble finding it, can you give me the make and model of your motherboard??

Murray

Recommend buying windows XP home version OEM or going to Win98 SE with updates. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

I had that windows ME was one of the biggest downfalls that Microsoft has made, regarding operating systems. Thats why you can't even get the proper windows updates, and so to spare themselves the agony of having to explain themselves about the flop they made with ME, microsoft just took it out of the windows update sites. It is so bad that even after scouring the web, endlessly, just to find updates i have not found proper updates. So i went the xp route.I will go with what ceh4702 said!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back