Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UpdatePanel Trigger - DefaultButton in ASCX Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

koraykazgan

Programmer
Jan 11, 2005
DE
Hi all,

I have a user control (ASCX). In that user control there is a panel, and inside that panel there is a textbox and a button. The panel has a DefaultButton property set, which is set to the button inside it.

I also have a page, and on that page there are two instances of that user control (uc1 and uc2). I additionaly have an update panel on the page. In that update panel there is a label. This update panel has two async triggers defined, one for uc1 and the other one for uc2.

What I want is simple. When I am in the textbox of uc1, type something and press enter (not clicking the button), I want the label to display the entered text. Also when I am entering text in the textbox of uc2 and press enter, the label should display the text of the textboxin uc2.

So far so good, it is working in IE7. But I want this also to work in Firefox 2. In firefox, when I am in the textbox and press enter, nothing happens. If I remove the trigger of the update panel, it is working. Also, when I put the control directly on the page (without putting them in a user control), it is working too.

I thought it is maybe not working because I have not defined the eventName of the trigger. So I have written an event for the usercontrol and raised that event in the user control ButtonClick event, and in the trigger I set EventName to that event, but it also doesn't worked in firefox.

So I think this is a bug of the Update Panels Triggers. Please let me know, if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back