Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updated voodoo3 drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drachenhunter

Technical User
Dec 5, 2002
US
Hello,

Reciently My computers video card went out(just stopped working) I cleaned the fan with a qtip to get the dust out and it still didn't work(that's about all I'm prepared to do to it). so I had to install one of the video cards from an older computer. it is a voodoo3 not sure which one. the driver cd only said voodoo3.

Anyway now it works ok but when ever I run anything that would tax the video card (games mpegs ect) I get a lot of audio static. I'm assuming thats because the video card isn't quite up to snuff. I'm not sure how that sort of stuff works, but anyway.

I don't have the money right now to go out and buy a brand new video card. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a driver website that I could download the newest drivers for voodoo3(I have windows ME on a pentium 4).

I understand that the voodoo line has been discontinued but that somewhere there must be some drivers newer than the ones that came with the unit. I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance,

Cody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back