Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updated to 11.1.1.1.0 build 21, Avaya plugin shat itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick te Kronnie

Systems Engineer
Nov 19, 2020
NL
So a few weeks ago we had an issue were some log file grew to big, filled up the storage of the Avaya server which caused the Outlook Plugin to not logon anymore. We could still make and receive calls, but the plugin said it couldn't find the server and the OneX portal said "the server doesn't respond"

Since we don't really have the expertise for this (to many different systems I have to manage + no time to dive in) we let our supplier handle this. After trying different things the only thing they could think of was update to 11.1.1.1.0 which they did

We also had to update the Outlook plugin in our Citrix environment which we did.

Now the plugin works again, but it doesn't seem to want to communicate with our phone (Avaya 9608). I can't copy paste a phone number and call, I can't answer a call, if I add a contact to my personal contacts it doesn't appear in the plugin. All is solved when restarting Outlook (using 365), but x amount of time later it again stops working.

Is this a known issue on this version or do I need to reinstall the plugin again?

This may be related to an issue we've had on 11.1 which was causing the One X to become unresponsive. Turned out to be the plugin and had to get a CP. See if the user is able to use the One X Browser and see if all is working correctly from there, or log into the admin page. If you get "Server is not responding" then it could well be and will need a case raising to Avaya. Took us 9 months for them to fix it for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back