Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updated time not pushing to phone sets ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdom

MIS
Oct 5, 2005
US
Hi everybody: When the time changed this past weekend, the new time did not push through to our 1230 IP sets. I haven't had a chance to look on the digital sets. The system time (in preferences) is OK. Please tell me I don't have to go to every IP set and update the time ... :/ If that's what I need to do, is there a configuration option on the phone itself that I can modify so it will pull the time and date from the UCx? Thanks for the help!

The work around is to navigate to the System/Preferences/Date/time Settings page, wait three seconds and the press the Apply changes button.

This should set the time correctly on all the phones at once.

We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution before the next Daylight Savings time Change.

Sincerely,
Emetrotel Support

My digital set had the correct time. Does this apply only to IP sets?

yes it does apply to IP sets.

But we have seen installations where the Digital Gateway had the correct time but the incorrect time zone, which causes a different type of time synchronization issue that is easily resolved by setting the correct time zone and resetting the correct time on the digital gateway.

The workaround did the trick - thanks for posting to let us know! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back