Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updated Technology level from 5.3TL7 to 5.3TL12 & C program runs slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpdavids

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2001
US
Hello..

I'm wondering if any one has run into this. I updated AIX 5.3 from TL07 to TL12 and started to get lots of complaints about a slow running C program. I don't see any major system performance issues and have sent IBM performance data. Why is this program running so slow after an O.S. upgrade?
To add more of a twist to this problem I also migrated the O.S. from 5.3 to AIX version 6.1. I still get complaints that this one program is slow without any system performance issues. Oracle also runs on this box and it performs well. Just this one program is slow as molasses. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I need to explain this problem to my client and recompiling is not an option because we don't have the source code.

Suggestions please and Why?
thanks..

With no information on the program the system or any specific tuning you have tried, there is very little we can offer.

Tony ... aka chgwhat

When in doubt,,, Power out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back