Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updated mysql to 5.5.35 and cannot start it now???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMCT

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2000
US
The other day I used apt-get to apply some updates to my ubuntu 13.10 server. Among them to the above stated level of MySQL. However, after I rebooted I can no longer start the mysqld program. The error complains of an innoDB checksum error. The interesting thing is that I don't have any DB's with the innoDB engine. Mine are all mysqlisam.

I've been searching for a way to get this program started to no avail. Hopefully some of you guru's can point me to the correct direction. Fortunately I do have a mysqldump of all databases/tables from shortly before.

Do I completely clear out the /var/lib/mysql directories, and attempt to recreate and load the databases? I don't want to jump to conclusions so that's why I'm asking for some suggestions from those who might have experienced this error.

Thanks anyong . . . [ponder]

Feel like upgrading again <grin>.

On website: (upgrading to 5.5.5)
I found the following as a bug fix:
InnoDB: Fixed a checksum error reported for compressed tables when the --innodb_checksums option is enabled. Although the message stated that the table was corrupted, the table is actually fine. (Bug #53248)

Well I thought I would update my request.
Ultimately I had to completly remove and reinstall mysql which deleted the tables. The I had to recreate the databases and reload from my backup. Took a while but its done. A PIA but at least its working.

Glad you got it fixed -- sadly I am also painfully aware of the PIA aspect of something that should be so simple.
Also, than you for updating the status! Too often I find forum entries describing the exact problem I am having, see a few suggestions, then never any word on if it was fixed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back