Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Updated BV not reflecting in Crystal Reports Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

77walker

Technical User
Feb 7, 2008
US
I am new to using Business Objects Enterprise and I am struggling with Business Views. I have updated my BV by adding more BE and SQL Expressions through BV Manager and I cannot see the changes in my BV that has already been attached to my crystal 2008 report? Is there a way to force a refresh in Crystal Reports 2008 (v12)? I have been trying the refresh option, making new connections, but nothing seems to work. I cannot unattach the BV from the report now that it has been attached. Is this an impossiblilty and do I have to rebuild the report? I sure hope not, because this is painful trying to make a change after it's all built.

Open the report and go to the Database menu. Click on "Verify Database". If that does not work, again go to the Database menu and select "Set Datasource Location". Create a new connection to the BV and select the existing BV under the new connection. This should update the BV in the report.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back