Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update to 7.3, library license problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

razvannw

Technical User
Jul 26, 2005
RO
Hello,
I have a library IBM 3584 with 128 slots, and 1 control slot.
In the library soft, I se that my logical library has 128 slots, but Legato see 129.The slot 129 is a control slot.
I have license for a jukebox with only 128 slots.
In 7.21 I edit the res file and I change the number of slots from 129 to 128,and worked.
When I decide to upgrate to 7.3, I notice Legato see 129 slots, and the modification of res files is not working.
When start, overide my modification, and the library is disable.

Anyone has any ideea
Thank you
razvannw

You should do things "the correct way", i.e configure the jukebox to only present the 128 slots and not the control port slot. Not sure how to do this on your jukebox, but i´m pretty sure it´s possible.

Cheers!
Maverick

The problem is from jukebox, if I make virtual library with 128 slots, I will lose 1 tape drive. On the other way if I tray to make a logical library with all the slots, library software include automatically the slot number 129, witch is a "Non addressable slot"
I don’t have any answer from the hardware vendor.
I try to find out, if is there any possibility in legato to solve my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back