Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

update: Thanks for the advice w/SP1 computer working now

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleezhelp

Technical User
Jan 2, 2005
PH
Hi Everyone,

I installed IE6 SP1 and windows xp SP1 with my Norton antivirus running. After the installation of both these I had a problem. Webpages were displaying a Red X instead of a graphic. All the webpages I went to including hotmail had this problem.

I was going to uninstall both service packs and I received some good information here. However, I decided to wait and do some more research. A couple of days later I found a thread here of someone having the same Red X problem as me.

They said to try uninstalling and reinstalling the nortion antivirus program. I did the uninstall and reinstall and it worked for me. I have graphics on all the webpages again. I hope this info. might help someone else.

I just wanted to thank everyone here for their knowledgeable help. I'm a newbie with the computer. I know just enough to be dangerous! This Tek Tips Forum has been wonderful help to me, and I consider it a valuable resource. I try to read and do research before I come here. However, when I can't find the answer I come here and everyone is always so helpful.

Thanks Again,
Joyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back