Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

update tables on another server

Status
Not open for further replies.

habneh

Programmer
Mar 21, 2007
US
I have a table called tbl on server svr1, database db1, owner is dbo

I want to update it from server svr2, database db2

I wrote a query

update svr1.db1.dbo.tbl
set col1 = case when col1 = 1 then 1.0
else 2.0
end
where col2 = 'aa'

but it is complaining

what should I do to update tbl

Thanks

I have created a linked list, but it still fails to update

here is the error

[OLE/DB provider returned message: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.]

OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' IOpenRowset::OpenRowset returned 0x80040e21: [PROPID=DBPROP_BOOKMARKS VALUE=True STATUS=DBPROPSTATUS_CONFLICTING], [PROPID=DBPROP_COMMANDTIMEOUT VALUE=600 STATUS=DBPROPSTATUS_OK], [PROPID=Unknown PropertyID VALUE=True STATUS=DBPROPSTATUS_OK], [PROPID=DBPROP_IRowsetLocate VALUE=True STATUS=DBPROPSTATUS_CONFLICTING], [PROPID=DBPROP_IRowsetChange VA...

Msg 7306, Level 16, State 2, Line 1

Could not open table '"daidsesShared"."dbo"."tmpTable"' from OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB'. The provider could not support a row lookup position. The provider indicates that conflicts occurred with other properties or requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back