Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

update table with form

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolfan1873

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
US
i have a main form that is used for the database, on one of the check boxes i have a procedure that opens a form with some more check boxes, i made the second form off of the same table, i want the second form to update the original table, every time i try this when i try to move to another record of close the database, i get a window that says that a record has been updated by someone and do you want to save it, how do i get it to save the data from the second form to the main table. all i want is for the second form data to be saved to the table when it is checked, i can't have another popup asking if you want to save.

thanks for any help

When you check the box on the first form, which executes code to open a second form that is based upon the same table as the first, it may see the recordset as unsaved, meaning even though you clicked the box on the first form, the record was never actually saved.

Try adding code to the first routine that will test the form to make sure the record is saved before it opens the next form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back