Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update specific cell in a spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkemas

Programmer
Mar 22, 2012
GB
I have written a php script that interrogates a database and produces 30 results from it and outputs these to a page

i.e.
number of surveys completed in total = 200
number of surveys per staff member = 0.2
surveys scored 50 and above = 20
percentage of surveys scored 50 and above = 10
etc etc

What someone does is take these figures and populates various spreadsheets.

i.e.
number of surveys completed in total goes into surveys.xls cell f15
number of surveys per staff member goes into surveys.xls cell k23
surveys scored 50 and above goes into compliance.xls cell c12
etc etc

Can I automate this with php so that when the script is run it automatically populates the correct spreadsheet and the correct cell?

Thanks

Good to hear, I have printed to a new spreadsheet before using Header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=export.csv"); but I'm guessing updating an existing spreadsheet won't be so friendly.

Can you point me towards any tutorials/resources/reading? My search came back with nothing to update existing spreadsheets.

usual method is tonimport the spreadsheet, destroy it, alter in memory and reoutput.

you could figure out the XML structure and do it natively.

or I think there is something called phpexcel that has already done this. not sure about the licence terms though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back