Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update SAP data from Opentext Content Server Workflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

BharathDJ

Programmer
Sep 11, 2014
IN
Dear Experts,

i have the below query. kindly let me know how we can achieve this

Requirement : Is it possible to update the SAP Business Object Properties in SAP based on the Actions in Opentext Content Server Workflow.

Scenario : We will design a workflow map in Content Server with form, Whenever Approver rejects/Approves the workflow in Content Server. The Status of that particular Business Object should get reflected in SAP. If Out Of Box functionality is not available means please let us know the customization options as well.

Thanks & Regards
Bharath

SAP and OT Livelink product has been talking with a product called SAP Activator for 20 years or so.I think OT is not supporting it because SAP refuses
to open up RFC's for products.I am not sure.The Activator exposes RFC's in ECC. If that is not possible OScript or webservices from OT can be employed to call SAP's available webservices. If you want a completely supported OT/SAP solution buy and configure xECM it opens up the world for you.A product from OT called XML WF Interchange not the XML WF Extensions usually has a webservices step in your livelink palette.While I have never used it OT KB says if you want a WF stepto call a webservice that is where you would use that product.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Hi Appnair,

Thanks a lot for your response. Actually we are using xECM for SAP solutions itself. My understanding is that, In xECM updation is one way. I mean updation is SAP reflects in OT Content Server but reverse does not work. Correct me if my understanding is wrong. In this scenario we are expecting the reverse. with any customization through Oscript we can achieve this.

Thanks & Regards
Bharath

I think OT and SAP jointly describes/markets/sells as synchronized both ways.If you change the attribute of a sap document ,not on the archivelink category but any others that looks like SAP specific metadata,and wait for a few minutes do you see the data change in the SAP system,if so either a synchronous or asynchronous event is doing that.That is how I would check and trace it. Moreover everything about xECM and its plumbing is hidden well under wraps so you wouldn't find a lot of "pro bono" info about it.The so called "consultants" get a huge share in implementation and knowledge transfer and design so there's a huge market in that class.If you press very closely in the xECM forum of OT or SAP some kind hearted soul might come to your rescue.If I had a system that talked to SAP and it did synchronization I would trace it through code if LL was the one doing it. :) SAP is very open about its public facing API's and OT is also like that .

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back