Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update remote data

Status
Not open for further replies.

simco

Programmer
May 25, 2001
CA
Hi all,

I retrieved data from a remote data source using SQLEXEC and I created 2 cursors. Now, at some point in my code I use these 2 cursors to create a third one. Than I want to make the third one updatable using CursorSetProp, but I get an error message: "Property is invalid for table cursor". Does that mean that I can not send my updates? Is there any way around this?

Thanks a lot :)

Simco,

It would help if you could let us know which properties you are trying to change, and what values you are changing them to. Can you post the code here.

In general, it is possible to make the cursor update the remote table, but you might find it easier to send an UPDATE command instead.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

Thanks for reply.

UPDATE would be a good solution.

In the case presented above, I guess I was just trying to find out if FoxPro allows the use of CursorSetProp and TableUpdate to a cursor based on other cursors and not on the actual server tables.

Thanks again

P.S. I would paste the code, but this is actually one of my firend's question and I don't really have access now to the code (I'll ask tommorow).

Again, thanks

Simco,

I was just trying to find out if FoxPro allows the use of CursorSetProp and TableUpdate to a cursor based on other cursors and not on the actual server tables.

In general, yes.

Come back if you have any questions on how to send an UPDATE.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back