Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

update query

Status
Not open for further replies.

loneranger27

Programmer
Apr 22, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a very small database with one main table that stores information about an insurance claim that it recieves from an excel file recieved via email from several different agencies. Once the file is added to the main table it is my job to assign a claim number to this claim. I then send a file back to the agents via e-mail that will update there files with the claim number. The file is loaded into a backup table on the agents computer and now I only want to update the claims on their computer that do not have claim numbers. I have a select query that querys the main table and tells which claims dont have numbers but I am having problems with the uopdate query any help is appreciated.

thanks

Can you post some sample records from the two tables involved? To do an update with what you send back to the agents, you need a way to identify the records in their database.

Is there a way to give the agents a claim number ahead of time? Can the claim number be autogenerated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back