Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

update query warning in runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

docin

Technical User
Aug 7, 2003
US
Hi,
I hope this hasn't been beat to death, but I have an application in access 2000. When I deploy it to use with runtime, the update queries come up with the "You are about to run an update query..." the user has to press yes, then another "you are about to paste..rows....this can't be undone..are you sure" , the user has to press yes again.
What I want to do is avoid this unneccesary message. The problem is I have used the setwarnings command to turn off system messages before every query or code runs. I tested the app of one computer and everything worked fine. Installed on another (installing runtime also) and the update query messages started coming up again...what gives?
Any help of ideas would be appreciated..thanks

Hey,
Never mind, I found a macro that was letting the setwarnings come back on...I thought I had changed everything to code, but still had a macro in there. At any rate, I found the problem and the setwarnings command does work okay now.. I hate it when it's something simple...
Makes me want to go "Duh"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back