Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update Query using .csv file

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebrooks54

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2002
US
Maybe I am having a brain spasm. In any event, I don't know what I am doing wrong...

Using Access 2007, I am trying to create an update query that will update an Access table with data contained in a linked .csv file.

Anything I try gives me an error message saying that updating data in a linked table is not supported by this ISAM. I am not trying to update the linked .csv file. I am trying to update a legitimate Access table.

The SQL generated by the query for example is:

Code:
UPDATE [POS YTD Data] INNER JOIN [February POS] ON [POS YTD Data].ASIN = [February POS].ASIN SET [POS YTD Data].[Feb POS] = [February POS]![Shipped Units];

[POS YTD Data] is an Access table
[February POS] is a linked .CSV file.

Help would be appreciated...

Perhaps... (not tested)
Code:
UPDATE [POS YTD Data} SET [Feb POS] = 
(SELECT [Shipped Units] FROM [February POS] INNER JOIN [POS YTD Data] ON [February POS].ASIN = [POS YTD Data].ASIN)

Randy

Thanks, Randy.

That did not seem to help: "Operation must use an updatable query" was the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back