Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update Queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

velle

Programmer
Aug 5, 2002
MX
What I want to do:
I've been going nuts trying to make Access to update a Yes/No field.
I'm writing a Database to be used with a Handheld.
1)Records regarding the Order status will be updated in handheld and on desktop computers.
2)I have been able to update the Yes/No records that were changed on the Handheld.
3)There is a Status table on the desktop that tells if record is finished or not, it is independent from the table in the Handheld. This Status Table connects to the Orders table.

My Problem:
My problem is that I have not beeing able to update the Yes/No field on the Main Orders Table.

What I have tried:
1)I have made a Selection querry, it works fine.
2)The Update querry shows the records I want to change, but the Yes/No Field is mantained as "uncheked". It won't change no matter what value I put on the "Update to:" field on the Query.

Any suggestions or tips on how to solve this?

Hi

Are other columns updatable in the same query?, it may simply be that teh structure of your query makes it a non updatable query. Theer should eb nothing difficult about updating a yes/no column, setting the value to Yes/No or True/False should do it

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Hi Velle,
Did you ever resolve this? I have the same exact problem. The select query pulls up the right records, changing it to an update query and nothing happens. (zero records will be updated) What's wierd is that in the select query, I pull up the records based on a checked off checkbox field (Yes/No) using the criteria of 1. When the results are displayed, all values for that field are -1. When I put in -1 as a criteria, nothing is selected. This only started when we upsized the db to SQL and I'm not sure how the checked off value is actually stored in the SQL tables.

Let me know if you've made any progres, thanks!

Novice guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back