Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

update operation ms-jet vs ansi-sql

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpet

Programmer
Jun 5, 2000
DE
i have a problem performing an update operation in allbase/sql.<br><br>using the microsoft jet-engine the statement looks like this:<br><br><FONT FACE=monospace>UPDATE Tab1 INNER JOIN Tab2 ON Tab1.Field1 = Tab2.Field1<br>SET Tab1.Field2 = Tab2.Field2<br>WHERE Tab1.Field2 IS NULL;</font><br><br>that's exactly what i need. however, allbase/sql does not support such &quot;extended update&quot; syntax<br>and i am unable to translate this code the correct way.<br><br>can someone tell me what's the appropriate ansi-sql statement is?<br>(i also tried to fix it using a view, but views based on joins are not updatable...)<br><br>thank you. <br>&nbsp;

Have you tried something like this: -<br><br>UPDATE Tab1 A <br>FROM TAB2 B<br>SET Field2 = B.Field2<br>WHERE A.Field2 IS NULL<br>AND B.Field1 = A.Field1;<br> <p>Ged Jones<br><a href=mailto:gedejones@hotmail.com>gedejones@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back