Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

update of java version

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenaciousdogged

Technical User
Nov 7, 2013
DE
I have a little problem which I believe you guys on this site can solve for me. I kinda new to java programming. I installed eclipse on my system and when I try to run it, it reports that jvm 1.4.2 is not supported that I should install jvm1.5 or above. I went to oracle site, downloaded the latest sdk i.e jdk7u45 and installed it but still, the report from eclipse is still the same when I try to run it. When I checked the java version from the command prompt it gave this output " java version "1.4.2_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode) ". Please what do I do.

Probably you have not first uninstalled the old version 1.4 before installing the new version 7.
Now you have both Java versions. Look at your system variables JAVA_HOME and PATH and where you find the old version, then change it to new. Or simply uninstall both Java versions and then install only the newer version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back