Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update notification in Teamroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJT1

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2001
AU
I'm currently testing the capabilities of Lotus Teamroom. I would like to be able to send an email notification to all group members automatically when any new posts are made. I have looked through all the help files but I haven't found a difinative answer. Does anyone know if the above is possible in Teamroom?

TIA

Adding functionality is always possible - if you don't mind dabbing in Notes Design.
What you want is fairly simple - a scheduled agent that sends a notification to a group on a condition.
The difficulty most often lies in correctly defining the condition. Here, you will want an agent that activates at periodic intervals, and sends a mail if new docs are found. Great, but you'll also have to avoid resending the notification for the same docs next time. Luckily, there is a way to do that too.

But it all hinges on one thing : your ability to use the Designer. Do you have it installed ?

Pascal.

Thanks for that.

I don't have access to that but I can 'deligate' it to someone who does. Probably sounds a bit involved for the project I have but now I know what my options are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back