Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update .mdb file with .mde file

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamthebestuk

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
GB
Hi,

I've tried to look through many threads - but have not been able to find the solution.

I have a 'back end' mdb file which I use to develop new queries/form etc in other words to do my work, every couple of weeks or so I create a mde file to and store it onto a network drive to share with my users, deleting the previous version.

This worked fine before - when the user did not enter data into tables. My problem now is that the user is able to enter new data into two of my tables and I subsequently need to capture these amendments into my mdb file.

Can someone please help.

Power is Knowledge
Knowledge is Power

In your MDB:

- delete the tables that may be modified in the MDE
- import the modified tables from the MDE
- recreate relationships as required
- build new MDE

All this can be achieved programmatically if there are a lot of affected tables and this takes a long time.

[pc2]

Thanks for the suggestion.
What I've done is created a macro to delete the current contents of my tables, import the tables from the mde, append onto the existing tables and then delete the two temp tables.

A bit long winded but easiest way I found to do it without breaking relationships.

Power is Knowledge
Knowledge is Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back