Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

update linked OLE image field

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAdMan

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
GB
Hello,

I have an access 2000 database with an OLE field that holds links to bitmap files. Does anyone know an easy way to do a mass update. Possible using an update query or script?

The files are all named after the people that they represent, so i can get the filename easily from another field or table and the path is always the same.

I am not much of a programmer so don't really know where to start on this.

Cheers

Adam

Hi Adam,

The big question is 'do you want to view the images in a continuous form so that you are displaying more than one image on the screen at once?' If so, you will have to use bitmaps and OLE - otherwise you could simply store the path to each file in a text field and use some VBA code to load the image on the fly. I personally use the latter if I can as it makes your database more faster and more efficient. If you can elaborate slightly on your requirements, I can send you the relevant VBA code / guidance.

Regards,

Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back