Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update from VirusScan 4.5 to 8.0i -> Autoupdate? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelS

MIS
Jun 27, 2003
DE
OS WinXP SP1 and Win2000 Server SP3

Hi,

we updated VS4.5 to 8.0i . For now only for testing. So fare we have only one problem: Up to now we updated over UNC Path. The only Files we needed were on ftp.nai.com. On 8.0i only updates over ftp or http works. How I have to do that now? I created a UNC repository and copied all files and subdirs from ftp.nai.com/commonupdater to the specified UNC path. I only get "error occured while downloading file SiteStat.xml".
Is this a security feature?

Thanks for your help!

did you edit the repository ? Via console in the menu TOOLS

On computer where you want to put McAfee updates open Virusscan Console and create New Mirror Task (File menu) and specify your shared folder as mirror location. You can schedule it or start manually. This task will place all needed files, including superdats, in this folder and you will be able to update all your workstations from this share.

===
Karlis
ECDL; MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back