Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update: Flickering Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldisk2005

Technical User
Aug 3, 2005
US
All,
I created this page, which does not have flash:

I created this page, that does hae flash:

When I move my mouse over the flash image at the top and move it across one of the menu buttons and down a little further, the page flickers.

The page that does not have the flash, does not have this flickering.

The problem is IE displaying flash images now. This message comes up when there is flash on Internet Explorer now: "Click to activate and use this control". Here is a fix:
I'm not sure I can implement this fix, because I don't have <object> in my page. I have <embed>

Does anyone know how could I implement this to make this work?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Yep, the solution is below with the word example in the text:

Code:
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="[URL unfurl="true"]http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0"[/URL] width="739" height="214">
<param name="movie" value="images/example.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high"> 
<embed src="images/example.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"[/URL] type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="739" height="214"></embed>
</object>

2. This next line goes under the last </object> tag on the page:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="ieupdate.js"></script>

3. Place the following script in a .js file. Copy and paste it into notepad and then save it as: ieupdate.js:

Code:
theObjects = document.getElementsByTagName("object"); 
for (var i = 0; i < theObjects.length; i++) { 
theObjects[i].outerHTML = theObjects[i].outerHTML; 
}

That is all it takes and it fixes the problem.

Thanks for everyones help with this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back