Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

update firmware in 1140 ip phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

roc221

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2010
US
Afternoon All, question i have to update firmware on 2000 1140 IP phones , and these phone are at 14 different locations .

I know i can use cmd iset rset all , but these phone are in 14 different location, can i update theses phone by using CMD iset rset them by their sub net mask of the phones remotes site .

example iset rset 10.43.x.x

other wise i will have to babysit the rset all to make sure 2000 phone has the correct firmware .

Once the new firmware has been loaded onto the Sig Server and activated, any reset of a 1140 IP phone will cause the new firmware to be loaded in.

I manually upload my BCM system via SSH and FTP with any updated firmware so that it's in line with the releases that Avaya have issued for the CS1000 range.

I'm sure that you can issue a command to reset them based on a zone being defined. It's been a long time since I last "played" with a CS1000e system.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

oam> help iset
iset
iset module commands:

isetShow Show general information for all registered sets
isetFWShow Show general information about firmware of all registered sets
isetNATShow Show information about registered sets behind a NAT router
isetShowByTN Show general information for all registered sets, sorted by TN
isetShowByIP Show general information for all registered sets, sorted by IP
isetLocShow Show location information for all connected sets or specified set
isetLocNeedUpdateShow Show location information for connected sets that need a location update
isetLocNeedUpdateShow_DMShow location information for connected sets that need a location update
isetLocUpdate Update location information for specified set
isetReset Reset registered IP set
isetResetAll Reset all registered IP sets
isetCount Show total number of registered sets
isetGet Show a list of IP phones based on a given query
isetFWGet Show a list of IP phones firmwares based on a given query
itgPLThreshold Set the i2004 and gateway alarm packet loss threshold (units .1%)
nodePwdSet Set password for current node
nodePwdShow Show node password setting
nodePwdEnable Enable node password setting
nodePwdDisable Disable node password setting
nodeTempPwdSet Set a temporary password for current node
nodeTempPwdClear Clear the temporary password for current node
clearLockout Clear Branch User Config lockout
dsetDelayHookswitchSet Configure maximum value of time period in msec during which set waits for the hookswitchRequest
cookieShowByTN Print the cookie list for a set specified by TN
cookieShowByName Print the list of sets with a particular cookie set
cookieRegShow Print the cookie registry

I don't think you can do an isetReset with incomplete IP or TN information. Actually I would be surprised if you could since that would be a quite dangerous command for anyone with fat fingers (read - most telecom techs :)

If you want to do them by remote site I would suggest doing that via the network switches. On Cisco you can do a "power inline never" and then a "power inline auto" for ranges of switchports to kill and then turn back on the POE.

just work with the network team. During the night, reboot floor switches, and the phones will reset.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

are they in different zones? if so LD 117
=> rst zone x start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor