Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update field in subform from a query 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontgomeryPete

Instructor
Apr 3, 2004
US
I need to update a table with a unique fare each time a reservation is taken. The user is working in a sub form (data source: Table Ride). The fare calculation is somewhat complicated, so an update with a combo box is not appropriate. Fares are $2, $4 and $6, depending on the qualifications of the passenger and the travel destination.
I calculate the fare with a SELECT statement as follows:
Code:
 SELECT Ride.RideNo,Passenger.ADAExpirDate , Ride.PickUpFareZone,Ride.DropOffFareZone, Locations_1.DispatchZone, Locations.DispatchZone,
IIf([ADAExpirDate]>Date(),IIf([Locations_1.DispatchZone]=1 And [Locations.DispatchZone]=1,2,4),6) AS RideFare;
I then want to update the field Ride.Fare, in the same sequence, as follows:
Code:
UPDATE Ride SET Fare = RideFare, WHERE Ride.RideNo = [Forms]![frmSubscriptionRideDetail]![RideNo]
Obviously, I’m really tangled up with the proper procedures here. Can any one point the way?

Thanks, Pete

How about DlookUp?

[tt]Fare=DlookUp("IIf([ADAExpirDate]>Date(),IIf([Locations_1.DispatchZone]=1 And [Locations.DispatchZone]=1,2,4),6)","Name Of Table","RideNo=" & [Forms]![frmSubscriptionRideDetail]![RideNo])[/tt]

Assuming that RideNo is numeric, if it is not, you will need single quotes.

Thanks Remou

You finally got me to understand the DLookup function. I had been avoiding it because I used to get random results and didn't know why.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back