Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update existing report with a new record 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsie9

Technical User
Jul 3, 2006
GB
I have created a very data intensive report linking data from 3 tables using design view and not a wizard. This involved dragging lots of fields, resizing them etc.,etc., and to fit on 2 pages. A lot of work. Now when a new record is added to the DB the report does not update. I do not want to delete and recreate this report every time a new record is added. I am sure I am missing something very simple. Have checked my relationships and they all work OK.
Thanks
elsie9

New records should always show up in the report. Check your report's record source in datasheet view to see if the record appears. I expect there is an issue with your query, not the report.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back