Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update downloads but fails on install

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficeAnimal

Technical User
Jun 4, 2009
AU
There is a 97MB Update "Intel Corp - Graphics Adaptor WDDM1.2, 1.2, 1.3" (8007013) with which I am having trouble.

Three times now it has appeared in Windows Updater and been okayed for installation. Each time it has downloaded. Each time the installation has failed. Failure message is simply "Windows Updater has encountered an unknown error" - that's very useful, eh! This morning I clicked on the link to find a solution to the problem to be told that WU can't find one - that's very useful, eh!

I am using Intel Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 8,0GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics running on MS Windows 7 Home Premium v. 6.1 64-bit SP1. Perhaps the update is simply not the right one for my machine, but if so why would WU keep telling me to install it?

Has anyone any ideas?
Thanks

"Truth will sooner come out from error than from confusion."
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

From my experience, it is usually best to grab the latest supported graphics driver from the motherboard or GPU manufacturer's site as opposed to Windows Update. Often times, the latest at the manufacturer's site is one or two revisions behind, but has been fully tested. If you're not having issues, there's no reason to update beyond that. Also doing this may get rid of the notification within Windows Update.

If not, then at the very least, the driver update should be presented as an "optional" one. Feel free to ignore it.

-Carl
"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."

[tab][navy]For this site's posting policies, click [/navy]here.

Since it's an Intel I-5 3470 and it uses the Intel HD 2500 graphics core, go here and choose the third down the list and use that one.
Download
Intel® Iris™ and HD graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 64-bit

Thanks folks.
I installed the new driver and will ignore the update [2thumbsup]

"Truth will sooner come out from error than from confusion."
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back