Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update data in one form from data entered into summary form

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregpen

Technical User
Mar 16, 2002
AU
My Problem,
I am trying to create a form that displays a summary of data relating to a current record. I use a command button on the main form to open the summary form. Once in the summary form I would like my users to confirm the info is correct and if not make changes to the data while in the summary form then on exiting the summary form have the main form refreshed with any changes made.

Hi

one possibility

in the summary form, in the on close event put code to update the main form eg

Forms!myMainForm!MyControl = Me.MytxtControlUpdated

using your own form and control names in place of My..

if the updateing is conditional on some user action, you may need to enclose the code in an if eg

If me.MyUSerApproved Then
.. see above

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

One other thing when I open the summary form I am not able to edit the information that is displayed. is this just a matter of changing on of the properties of the form..

Forms!myMainForm!MyControl = Me.MytxtControlUpdated

!MyControl ? Is this refering to the field I want to update if so do I include this line of code for each of the 12 fields that may possible be updated from the summary form.

MytxtControl refers to ?

Hi

!MyControl ? Is this refering to the field I want to update

YES

if so do I include this line of code for each of the 12 fields that may possible be updated from the summary form

YES

MytxtControl refers to ?

in my example it is MytxtControlUpdated, which as its name (I think) implies the updated data

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back