Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update BPS software image

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacerX17237

Technical User
Dec 16, 2004
US
I've been tring to update my software but when I hit enter to start downloading from my tftp server it gives me and error message. "Error Access to image" Is their anyone that know what I can do to fix this?

Not sure what that message means, but I'd check this. Make sure you can ping your TFTP server from the console of your BPS...then make sure your TFTP server can ping the BPS.

After verifying basic connectivity check this:

The default paths defined in your TFTP software for inbound and outbound traffic. Make sure your tftp software automatically puts you in the directory where the software resides. That way you don't have to put any path info in your file name (the one you enter in the BPS)...just the name of the software file.

Example:

If your software is in C:\software\nortel\bps\bps2k_40.img

Make sure your TFTP software points to c:\software\nortel\bps

That way you can just put the file name (bps2i_40.img) and not the whole path

dane775 is correct in the above post. One thing I can add is, I have had different results using different tftp servers. The most common fix for me has been to put the file I want to send into the root directory of the tftp server box, and set tftp server default to same.

Thanks for your help but we figured out what the problem was. When I was setting up the workstation as a server their were two things not working right. One was that the socketTimeout was set to 5 and the maxRetries was set to three. What I'm thing was that when the switch was tring to download the image file it was getting a slow repsonse thus disconnecting it from the server. That's what I'm thinking. But we changed them to the max that each number could be and now all the updates are working great. We really like Optivity, yeah we're using it mainly for updates but I can also shut down my bosses ethernet port remotely and have some fun with him. Yeah after awhile he found out but then we (My boss & I) started doing it to one of out other buddies. But Yeah thanks for all your help and input...

Whats the latest firmware for the BPS?
I have one thats been running for a few years
and its probably time I looked at updating it.

Regards
william
tembyw(at)hotmail.com

The latest released version of code (BoSS) for the Business Policy Switch is 3.1.3.0

I just checked my BPS

HW 03
FW 1.1.0.1
SW 1.2.0.28

I guess that means Im a long way beind.

Can someone send me something newer ?

Yagi
tembyw(at)hotmail.com

Nortel restricts certain downloads from their site to those with maintenance contracts...however...

I just went there as a guest and had no problem downloading the latest BoSS code.

Do this:

Go to:
Under "Technical Support"...."Browse product support" select BayStack --> Business Policy Switch --> Software

From that point you should be able to d/l the code you want.

Good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back