Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update Access Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallegator

Programmer
Jan 3, 2001
US
This has been driving me crazy for hours. I have a VB app which needs to add and modify records to an Access database. I originally created it to an SQL database but needed to switch to Access 97 for demo purposes. Works fine with SQL. Records are adding fine with Access 97. When I go to update a record to Access 97 the data disappears. If I attempt to move from record to record I am getting a query overflow error. My connection string reads:
adodc1.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data Source=C:\Databases\Visual Basic\EstimatingTracking\esttracking.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"

adodc1.RecordSource = "Select * From dbo_tblProjects WHERE BusinessUnit='RGG'"

I have an update statement on the unload property of the form.

adodc1.Recordset.UpdateBatch

What am I missing ... a reference or a component ... wrong jet?

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

Do you get any run-time errors?
Have you tried using .update instead of .batchupdate?
Is the recordset locktype = optimistic?
I haven't got Access 97 - only 2000. Your jet seems correct as does your connection string, but what about the command settings?...

I've tried update as well and the result is the same. Locking is optimistic. Which command settings should I be checking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back