Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

update a field of a table bases on the values of another query

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmax98

Programmer
Apr 9, 2002
US
Hi,
I am just new to ACCESS 2000. Here is my problem:
std_loan table:
std_pidm(primary key)
enroll_status (will be updated bases on values of level and
credit_hr of query_std_credithr)

query_std_credithr:
std_pidm
level (can be 'GS', 'GR' for graduate. They only need to take 9 credit hours to update 'F' for enroll status. If level is 'UG', credit_hr>=12 to update 'F' for enroll_status. Otherwise if credit_hr = 6, then enroll_status ='H' for either Graduate or undegraduate student etc...)
credit_hr

I don't want to do query for each level type and credit_hr (#)and update enroll_status of std_loan table. Is there a way that I can update every enroll_status field of every record (std_loan table) base on 1 query by writing a code. I don't know how to start writing code for such query. I need some help please. Thank you
Trang
dubronix98@yahoo.com
tngo@fisk.edu

Let's take a step back for a moment. It sounds like you have a calculated field. If so, why do you need to store the result in the database? Generally you don't store calculated fields because they can be recalculated on the fly.

dz

Thank you. I have found the solution.
Trang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back