Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upcoming Birthdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoutr1

Technical User
Aug 9, 2001
US
Hi all-

I have an MS Access database with a table that contains employee information, including a field for date of birth (dteDOB).

I want to run a query from this table and only display employees that have a birthday occuring within the next 60 days.

This does not seem to be working for me...

Query Field 'NextBDay'

NextBDay: IIf(Month(Date())>Month([dteDOB]) Or (Month(Date())=Month([dteDOB]) And Day(Date())>=Day([dteDOB])),"#"&Month([dteDOB])&"/"&Day([dteDOB])&"/"&Year(Date())+1&"#", "#"&Month([dteDOB])&"/"&Day([dteDOB])&"/"&Year(Date())&"#")

Criteria: >Date() AND <=Date()+60

Any insight is appreciated.
-Rod

NextBDay: DateSerial(Year(Date()+IIf(Format([dteDOB],'mmdd')>=Format((Date(),'mmdd'),0,1)), Month([dteDOB]), Day([dteDOB]))

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

PH-

After tweaking the code you supplied and searching through help files this is what finally worked:

==========

NextBDay: DateSerial(Year(Date())+IIf(Format([dteDOB],'mmdd')>=Format(Date(),'mmdd'),0,1),Month([dteDOB]),Day([dteDOB]))

Criteria: Between Date() And DateAdd("d",60,Date())

==========

Thanks for the help.
-Rod

I think it was an extra ) that was in there. No big deal. Access picked that up right away.

I kept trying to tweak the NextBDay and Criteria statements because I kept getting a data mismatch error. In the end, your code was fine, my criteria statement was the problem.

Thanks again.
-Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back