Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Up arrow for command history

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladato

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
I'm not sure why this isn't working on 1 PC out of 3, but it isn't.

I use emacs for my command line settings (set -o emacs), and therefore the up arrow gives me my previous commands.

At least I do on 2 systems. On the third one, it doesn't work and I don't know why.

On all machines I'm using Exceed 8.0.0.0 with an xrdb.txt file that auto-loads (the contents appear at the end of this message)

On the "afflicted" machine I'm running Windows 2000 with a Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro (model RT9420). This system connects to my AIX boxes via VPN, although I'm sure sure if that is relevant.

The host OS, as indicated above, is AIX 4.3.3. But since the mapping works on 2 out of 3 boxes I assume it's not the host's fault, either.

Assistance is greatly appreciated.
Leon

XRDB.TXT:
*VT100.Translations: #override \n<Key>Up: string(0x10) \n<Key>Down: string(0x0E) \n<Key>Home: string(0x01) \n<Key>End: string(0x05) \n<Key>Prior: scroll-back(1,page) \n<Key>Next: scroll-forw(1,page) \n<Key>Tab: string(0x1B) string(0x1B) \n<Key>F8: string(&quot;cd -&quot;) string(0x0D) \n
Leon Adato (adatole@yahoo.com)
Measure what is measurable,
And make measurable what is not so.
- Galileo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back