Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unwanted popups 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnvan

Technical User
Aug 23, 2002
US
Suddenly, today I started receiving a popup ad for justcloud.com. I can delete it with the X in the upper right corner but it reappers when the next email is opened. I tried to put it on a blocked list but that doesn't stop it. Any solutions?

Remove whatever browser hijacker your machine is infected with would be the first thing to do.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

What email client do you use or is it web-based? When does the popup happen - ONLY when you are using email or when you are browsing without email being open? And then, does it spawn a browser session or new tab on its own?

I'd run this: Link

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Thanks ChrisHirst, I just removed several files suggested by AVAST and the popup has not come back.
jnvan

Run what I mentioned though, please. It will find things that you don't know are there.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back