Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unwanted border on export...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjfarr

Technical User
Dec 1, 2001
CA
I've designed a webpage in PP10 and I would like to export each individual object as a separate element (I've tried it with .gif, jpg, and png). Whenever I try to do this however, the object ends up with a thin frame (or border) around it. Even when exporting with a transparent background in gif format, the frame will still be there even without the background.

How do I export an object without this frame around it?
I'm no newbie to CorelDRAW/Photo-PAINT, but I can't get around this.

~P.J.Farrauto

Well, are you *sure* it's a "border"? It sounds more like an anti-aliased edge, which you're always going to get. (yes, it shouldn't anti-alias a straight line, but it will)

I do a fair amount of web work, too, but I would *never* export it from Draw. I will design some elements in Draw, but only use it for some quick mockups and then *always* export it out from Photopaint - you get better control of the bitmap elements there, IMO.

What items I do export out of Draw I always export out as CPT files and then re-arrange everything in Photopaint. If I certain vector elements that I may not be sure of the needed size when converted to bitmap format, I will use the hidden vector abilities of Photopaint so I can resize with no degradataion... just copy the individual element (or grouped objects) to the clipboard. Then in PP, choose the Text tool (yes, the Text tool) and click once like you were about to start typing a line of text. Don't type, but just paste the item you copied to the clipboard. Yes, it will not be the correct size. Just grab a corner handle, drag it to another size, and choose the Pick tool (or hit the resample button on the Property Bar) and it will resample itself to the new size.

Hey J.B.

Sorry for this late response - I've solved the problem by just copying the object from DRAW and pasting it into PhotoPAINT, then exporting it from there. It's an extra step, but it works. Thanks for your advice!

~P.J.Farrauto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back