Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unusual use of excel xp and problem when converting to html

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatelock

Technical User
Jun 15, 2003
IE
I am using excel xp to produce a genealogy chart which prints out to a large format.the problem I have is converting out to html excel locks up, the file contains mostly text boxes and a few gif files and is just under 2 meg in size.If anyone would like to have a go at solving my problem i would be so grateful i have spent 2 years getting to this point in the project and have hit a brick wall.

"Converting" anything that is complicated to HTML is a very dicey proposition.

First try. Microsoft has "readers" for Excel files that work with browsers. Go to "support.microsoft.com" and look for Excel, then Downloads.

Second. Microsoft has an Excel template for family trees. It might "convert" to HTML better.

Third try. Wait. When "conversion" works, it can take a long time--and if you think the conversion takes a long time, openning the file in a browser can take forever.

Fourth, try intermediate conversions, say to Word and then to HTML.

Fifth, a while back you could get a free trial of Adobe PDF creation sw.

Goodluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back