Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unusual display appearance that resets itself after 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalky70

Technical User
Oct 15, 2003
GB
On power up, my PC display is presented as a full black screen with all the desk top icons over sized. I can log on to my profile and apart from the appearance the computer has no other problems.

If I right click from the desk top and select

Properties -> Appearance -> Scheme

then it is shown as being High Contrast#1. This can be changed to Windows Standard and this takes care of the normal desk top display, however if I use the internet then the text size appears to big for the frames and the background web colours are always whited out.

If I do nothing on the PC for 5 minutes (i.e. not touching the keyboard/mouse) then the appearance resets itself automatically, including the internet appearance. I have tried disabling the screen saver to see if this has any affect but still can't find out the cause and the cure - apart from resetting the appearance above which is a pain to do each time, and it doesn't work for web appearnce as stated.

Has someone come across this before or got any suggestions..

thanks,

Jay

I have seen a lot of prank software that does this kind of thing. Check the programs that are running see if anything looks out of the ordinary. Has anyone used your computer that might like to play a trick on you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back