Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unused DID numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

the1sandman

Technical User
Aug 3, 2006
US
I have an option 11 with NO attn console. Main number rings in to a digital set. How can I get all unassigned DID to ring to that set without using IDC? I am saying not to use IDC because the customer uses OTM to build sets and doesn't know how to manipulate IDC.

Your INT_Data in 15 must be incorrect, unused DID should route to the attendant based on Intercept treatment. Post INT data printed from ld 21

INT for vacant number is set to ATT. The problem is they have no console. I hoped it would follow the nite target, but it does not.

Sorry about that. Had similar setup once and I sent DID to a RAN telling they reached a non-working number at ACME co and gave the lobby number.

Hey that is okay, I am trying to recreate the wheel here, I just don't know how it was built the first time.

Should be ATN not ATT.

(ATDN (0)-x...x Attendant Directory Number) what do you have this set to?

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

In LD 15/21 check INT_DATA > CTVN should be ATN.
CTVN = Call To Vacant Number

In LD 15/21 check your ATT_DATA > ATDN (normally 0)

Once you know your ATDN (0) you need to make a Phantom or an ACD Q to forward 0 to your digital set.

Phantom

LD 10
REQ: NEW
TYPE: 500
TN: PHANTOM TN
FTR DCFW 4 1234 (YOUR DIGITAL EXTN NO.)

OR

ACD

LD 23
TYPE: ACD
ACDN: 0
MAXP: 1
NCFW: 1234 (YOUR DIGITAL EXTN NO)

Now your vacant number calls should hit the digital set.

In LD 15/21 check INT_DATA > CTVN should be ATN.
CTVN = Call To Vacant Number

In LD 15/21 check your ATT_DATA > ATDN (normally 0)

Once you know your ATDN (0) you need to make a Phantom or an ACD Q to forward 0 to your digital set.

Phantom

LD 10
TN: PHANTOM TN
DN: 0 (I MISSED THIS)
FTR DCFW 4 1234 (YOUR DIGITAL EXTN NO.)

OR

ACD

LD 23
TYPE: ACD
ACDN: 0
MAXP: 1
NCFW: 1234 (YOUR DIGITAL EXTN NO)

Now your vacant number calls should hit the digital set.

That would be alot of programming for 3 or 4 hundred unused numbers. Otherwise it would be an option. But the customer needs to be able to build sets with OTM on a whim and I would have to try to teach him to out and rebuild phantoms or ACDNs. Thanks for the input.

Its not alot of programming at all, all you have to do is build one phantom that diverts any unused numbers to you digi extn. Plus you can create/modify and delete phantoms with OTM with no problems.

All you have to do is:

LD 10

TN: 61 00
DN: 0
FTR DCFW 4 1234

THATS IT.

What happens now if you dial 0 on any phone, does it go to that Digital phone?

Do a DNB on 0 to see what it is programmed for if anything.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back