Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Untitled and Need Logo instead of MFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Can some one pls help, My application says Untitled - Project1 and it has that MFC bitmap next to it.

Which file contains this information, because i need to delete "Untitle" text and the insert new bit map instead of MFC.

Help.

References to all project resources are contained in the '<name>.rc' file. Open it in Notepad to view the contents (if you double-click it in Visual Studio, it will simply launch the resource editor).

To change the MFC icon, remove the current one and either insert an existing icon or draw your own using the resource editor Phil

Thanks Phil,

I found how to change the Icon, and the Name.
I have changed it BUT i still get this UNTITLED - business.

my application title looks like one below.

Icon Untitled - <Application Name>

I searched for anything that would say Untitled in the .rc file but there was nothing.

any sugestions on how i can get rid of &quot; Untitles - &quot;

thanks.

in InitInstance() of your App class,
m_pMainWnd->SetWindowText(&quot;Your Title&quot;);

Add an icon(logo bitmap) with the same name as IDR_MAINFRAME, which is the first arguement of the DocTemplate class

pDocTemplate = new CSingleDocTemplate(
IDR_MAINFRAME,
RUNTIME_CLASS(CDoc),
RUNTIME_CLASS(CMainFrame),
RUNTIME_CLASS(CView));

An easier and simpler way to get rid of 'Untitled' is to override CMainFrame::preCreateWindow() and remove the 'FWS_ADDTOTITLE' and/or 'FWS_PREFIXTITLE' from the CREATESTRUCT passed to PreCreateWindow. Or you can call m_pMainWnd->ModifyStyle(remove_style, add_style). As an additional note you can modify extended styles by calling ModifyStyleEx()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back