Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unsuppressing the details section after drill down

Status
Not open for further replies.

howard7890

Programmer
Jun 6, 2003
US
I have a report that contains Group Header #1,Group Header #2 and Details.

Group Header #1 - Grouped by users names
Group Header #2 - <Hide - (Drill-Down OK)> folders
Details - <Suppressed> filenames

I am trying to find a way to un-suppress details after I have double clicked on a folder and activated the drill down functionality. Or to hide details and auto drill down after the first drill down is preformed.

In the passed I set both the header #2 and the details as hide and just double clicked on usernames and then on folders.

Thanks,

Try this:

1. Create the following formula and place it in the report header and suppress it:
(All formulas are in Crystal Syntax)

shared numberVar gh := 0

2. Split the Group Header 2 section into 2 parts. Drag the new section to the top of the group so it becomes the A section
3. Insert a subreport into the A section. The subreport not have a datasource when you are done with it. If you use the Report Wizard to create, go in and remove the datasource after you are done.
4. Remove the borders on the subreport object.
5. Right Click the subreport and select &quot;Edit Subreport&quot;
6. Once in the subreport, create a new formula and place the following contents inside:
shared numberVar gh := 1
7. Go back to main report and choose Format->Section
8. For Group Header 2, choose Hide (Drill Down OK)
9. For Group Header 2A, choose Underlay Following Sections
10.For Group Header 2B and Detail Section, choos Suppress (No Drill Down) and click the X+2 button for Suppress
11.Insert the following formula:
shared numberVar gh = 0
12. Suppress Group Footer 2
13. Preview the Report

The subreport does not fire until after you drill down from Group 1. Once it fires, it changes the value of the variable which controls the visibility of your Group 2 and Details.

~Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back