Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unsupervised, but return to callpilot voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIgerV

Instructor
Mar 19, 2006
US
CS1000 with Callpilot.
I have an external Siemens Hipath that I transfer calls out to, unsupervised.

ie, if Called Party Number= 356-1234, CS1000 transfers it off to trunk 82, unsupervised.

Now, 356-1234 wants to pass the call back to callpilot. What digits do they need to send?

Callpilot is on 356-4321, I know forwarding 356-1234 to 356-4321 ends up with call pilot thinking it's someone calling in to pick up vmail.

I would think you could create phantom numbers for the remote voicemail boxes that have a dcfw to callpilot, then when the hipath dn's are forwarded to the phantom numbers, they would drop into the correct boxes. Notification is another issue, but you could use text/email notification. Why are these tied unsupervised?
30n30w

Notification is not a problem, as the station would show them that a call was missed; so they know to check VMail.
We transfer them unsupervised because it's a complete different switch. monitoring would result in collisions.

Here's a thread where they talk about a PRI tie between Nortel and HiPath;

not sure what you have and I know nothing about the HiPath product; but I know Nortel can network with other switches via NI2 or QSIG. It might make for a cleaner networked callpilot situation.

We had to use ESS4. We couldn't get anything using NI2 or QSIG. Went to ESS4 and the Hipath took Master Clock, and it syncd right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back